What is Kundalini?
What is Kundalini Yoga?
Kundalini Yoga is a science and technology that prepares us to run Kundalini Energy. This practice strengthens our nervous system, balances our glandular system, clears our energy pathways and opens the channel for our true self.
Yoga gives us relaxation, balances our brains and hormonal secretions, endows us with health, induces concentration and better memory, helps us to develop better human interrelationships, and to enjoy everything we do, to have fun and fulfill ourselves in a balanced, healthy way. Ultimately, yoga is the pursuit of higher awareness and deeper knowledge of the truth of our existence.
- Swami Satyananda Saraswati, Kundalini Tantra
This meditative and energizing practice employs:
- Kriyas (sets of asanas arranged for specific outcomes)
- Pranayama (breath control techniques that bring Prana – life force energy – into the body)
- Mudra (gestures that focus and direct energy)
- Bandha (body locks applied to hold and direct energy)
Our practices will focus on two traditions:
- 3HO Kundalini as taught by Yogi Bhajan
- Kundalini Tantra as taught by Bihar School in India