Our " AST
Center of Excellence" provides comprehensive tank testing programs adhering to API-653 in service and out of service inspections guidelines, and our customized non-intrusive tank inspection program that allows owners to determine the relative condition of their storage tanks without entering the asset.
API-653 inspections are performed using the following inspection techniques:
- In Service and Out of Service Visual Inspection
- Ultrasonic thickness readings
- Ultrasonic Corrosion Surveys of tank shells and roofs
- Magnetic Flux Exclusion (MFE) testing of tank floors
- Ultrasonic Prove up of indications found during MFE testing for volumetric determination
- Tank Strapping
- API 653 calculations Including safe fill height
- Edge Settlement
All of our API-653 inspections utilize our electronic reporting system allowing the rapid generation of field tank reports, on site. Most reports are fully complete by the time the crew demobilizes from the job site. MISTRAS Services also provides tank project coordinators that are responsible for the oversight of the tank project from the time product has been removed from the tank until the tank has been filled and turned over to operations for continued use. This allows us to ensure the proper cleaning has been performed prior to inspection crews mobilization therefore ensuring the effective use of all resources during the project.
Non-Intrusive Inspections include:
- - An Acoustic Emission surveying tool for assessing the tank bottom condition in Above Ground Storage Tanks (AST).
- Tank Annular Ring Long Range UT (TALRUT) – Semi-quantitative inspection of the chine weld and 14" into the tank floor from the outside diameter of the tank using ultrasonic inspection
- – For the rapid inspection of shell and roof welds and the heat affected zone of the weldments
Allow the experts at MISTRAS Services to customize a program for you!