Abrasive Waterjet Machines utilize high pressure water (55,000 psi) combined with an abrasive called Garnet to cut very intricate two dimensional shapes into virtually any material. Because this is a non thermal cutting process many applications can benefit from the advantages and flexibility of this versatile cutting method.
- Non thermal cut with no stress or heat affected zone
- Cut virtually an material
- Smooth finished edges with little to no burrs
- No contamination of the base material
- Cut complex 2D shapes
- Maximum usage of materials with minimal waste
- Can eliminate the need for secondary machining operations
- Parts can be etched with location lines or I.D. numbers etc.