» Archive by category 'News'
Posted: September 13, 2010
OTS is a leading provider of strategic human resources and technical services to the energy, utilities and mining sectors. In anticipation of opportunities in several areas of the country, OTS is seeking expressions of interest from individuals who may be interested in short and long-term contracts in the following role: Planner / Scheduler
- Developing, preparing, and maintaining an integrated engineering and construction schedule
- Responsible for project controls on projects and will provide assistance with the management of all activities associated with project planning, scheduling, forecasting, critical path analysis, progress reporting, and time recovery strategies
- Providing planning and scheduling activity input and data for bi-weekly and monthly project reports
- Liaising and interfacing with contractors, construction, project management, and team leads regarding planning and scheduling activities
- Technical Diploma or Engineering Degree combined with planning/scheduling experience in an EPC/M consulting engineering environment
- A strong working knowledge of CPM scheduling software and techniques, including Primavera P3, v5 or v6, and/or MS project
- Additional experience in project reporting, cost control, procurement, contracts administration, and construction management support is an asset
- Excellent analytical and communications skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to travel to construction sites
If you feel that you have the skills and desire to work for a growing technical services provider, please respond in confidence to:
PO Box 1794
OTS is pleased to announce the opening of new offices in Calgary, AB and St. John’s, NF. The opening of these offices follow closely on the hiring of Mr. Ryan Danard as the Business Development Manager for Western Canada, and the strategic assignment of Mr. John Kierstead to St. John’s in the position of Sales & Marketing Coordinator for Eastern Canada.
The Calgary office is located on the 29th floor of the First Canadian Centre, 350 – 7th Avenue SW, Calgary, AB and it will serve as the base of operations for Ryan. He can be reached at the office at 403.648.3463 or on his cell at 587.777.4153
The St. John’s office is located at 118 George St and will be the home office for John who took up permanent residence on July 1. The phone number for the St. John’s office is 709.722.6875 and John’s new cell number is 709.764.9257
These changes are designed to place sales and service activity closer to OTS’ opportunities. We believe in investing in close customer relationships and ensuring that we are making a productive economic impact in every area and in every geographic market that we serve in. As a growing national firm, we will continue to make investments in the strategic geographic markets that represent an opportunity for not only OTS, but its clients and the communities in which they live and work.
Great news for OTS!! On October 1, 2009 OTS attended the 2009 Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the year awards in Halifax. OTS was awarded with the 2009 Entrepreneur of the year award for Professional/ Financial Services!
On July 2, 2009 OTS achieved a significant safety milestone; five hundred thousand person-hours without a lost time incident! Thanks again to everyone who has been with us throughout the years, without your help we would not have been able to achieve this goal. Keep safe and remember “Safety-It’s For Life!”