Praetorian’s survey and data management team provides a construction focus that is able to clearly identify changes in conditions and facilitate alternatives for offsite designers.
The drawing information provided by the Praetorian team gives a clear understanding of the changes that are not easily communicated with pictures and text. This in turn assists in expediting solutions in order to maintain construction schedules.
Through manipulation of the collected data, our data management group is able to assist both our client and the designers with feasibility level conceptual plans, site layouts, volumes of earthworks to facilitate estimates and information for regulatory agencies.
Contractor production monitoring is a focus of Praetorian’s survey and data management group. This provides real-time monitoring of unit cost consumptions, volumes, as well as production rates for planning estimates and forecasts. The result being a progressive record of layout as the earthworks is progressed by the contractors or clients forces.
Services provided by Praetorian’s survey and data management group on new, expansion, and reclamation projects:
- As-built surveys and volume calculations
- Material estimates from design drawings
- QA survey monitoring to confirm installation compliance with design
- Earthwork layout and planning – provide survey layout for contractor and client forces
- Aggregate production and stockpile monitoring
- Survey data management – collate data from multiple survey groups
- Preliminary topographic survey of original ground features
- Establishment of initial project survey control for new sites- Electronic base mapping of topography, facilities, utilities, and as-built earthworks that can be used for sustaining capital and future expansions.
- Drawing production – for as-builts and construction planning
- Electronic archiving of each stage of earthworks construction
- Digital records of utilities – buried and above ground
- Quantity verification for unit price contracts
- Liaise between engineers and specialist survey companies
- Data interpretation and analysis – cross-sections and profiles
Praetorian uses Trimble RTK receivers and the latest drafting software.