Metabolomic Technologies Inc. (MTI) uses a new and emerging science known as metabolomics to detect differences in urine samples from people who have cancer adenomas (precancerous polyps) and normal people.
MTIs lead products are diagnostic screening tests that will improve overall colorectal cancer detections (ColoDx®), and earlier detection of adenomatous (precancerous polyps) polyps (PolypDx®). If caught early, colorectal cancer is very treatable, and this makes the prospect of early diagnosis of cancer, or even diagnosis at a precancerous stage, very exciting.
MTIs clinical trial in 1200 patients (soon to be 2000) has direct comparison of urine metabolomics with 1 fecal guaiac test (FGT), 2 fecal immunochemical tests (FIT), and colonoscopy. This study demonstrates an enormous superiority of sensitivity of urine metabolomics using PolypDx® and ColoDx®, over FGT and FIT in detecting colonic adenomatous polyps and colorectal cancer, respectively.
MTIs diagnostics thus provide the potential for game-changing enhancements in the screening of patients for colorectal cancer and colonic polyps. There is absolutely no competition to MTIs PolypDx® and ColoDx® products for a simple, non-invasive, single spot urine colon cancer screening test.
MTIs lead product is a unique diagnostic system (urine test) that can detect polyps (the precursor to colorectal cancer based on a unique fingerprint of metabolites. Results from a large scale clinical trial indicates that PolypDx® has a sensitivity of up to 82% for polyps, which is compared to 3% sensitivity for FGT and 19% for FIT.
A unique diagnostic system (urine test) that can detect colorectal cancer based on a unique fingerprint of metabolites. Results from a large scale clinical trial indicates that ColoDx® has a sensitivity of 95% for colorectal cancer, which is compared to 25% published sensitivity of FGT.
- Early stage detection: MTIs screening test will detect colonic polyps, the precursor to colorectal cancer, with high accuracy.
- High patient compliance: Non-invasive and does not require any dietary restrictions or fecal collections.
- Higher accuracy: Higher accuracy than existing tests with sensitivity exceeding 80%, reducing false negatives.
- Savings in overall healthcare costs: Earlier detection of colorectal cancer will save lives and reduce treatment costs.
- Cost-effective and high-throughput platform: Expected to be highly cost-effective in comparison to the cost of existing colon cancer screening tests.
MTI is also developing many other exciting and innovative products. Please visit us again when we release more information about these products in the future:
- CeliacDx - Diagnostic for Celiac Disease
- ColitisDx - Diagnostic for Ulcerative Colitis
- CrohnsDx - Diagnostic for Crohn's Disease
- IBDDx - Diagnostic for IBD
- LactoseDx - Diagnostic for Lactose Intolerance
- RefluxDx - Diagnostic for Acid Reflux
- UlcerDx - Diagnostic for Gastric Ulcers