Gemma Plastic Products is a unique company with a focus area in molding engineered plastics and rubber. We specialize in compression, transfer and injection molding of engineered rubber and plastics. Our equipment was purchased and outfitted for handling the molding of these engineered materials.
The following is a list of some of the materials we mold:
Thermoplastics: Thermoset Rubber:
Nylons, Glass Filled Nylons, Glass Filled Urethanes, Urethanes, Acetel, PEEK, Polyphenylsulfone, HMWPE, Liquid Crystal, Polymers, Dyneon Fluoropolymers
Dyneon (Aflas, Fluoroelastomer, Perfluoroelastomer), HSN/HNBR, Nitrile, Neoprene, Fluorosilicone, Silicone, Viton, Urethane
Gemma's production equipment was purchased and outfitted to handle the specialized processing requirements of engineered resin, and metal & ceramic powders. The shop is a total of over 13,000 sq. ft. and has access to both floor and dock level bays.
- Arburg injection molding machines
- Compression molding presses
- Desiccant driers
- JIT hopper loaders
- Shuttle transfer press
- Dual Compression/transfer press
- CNC Milling Machine
Gemma has in-house testing capability of materials and products for quality control and design purposes. The following is a list of equipment presently available:
Design & Prototyping:
- 25KN tensile/compression tester with environmental chamber for heat and cold
- Tensile and tear die, peel test, compression set, hardness tester for rubber
- Rheometer for rubber quality control
- Freezer (-90 F) for cold temperature testing
- Dew point meter
- Various specialized testing equipment for specific testing requirements
Gemma has in-house design capability for parts and molds using the Solid Edge 3D CAD program complete with large format 48 inch Ink Jet Printer for drawings. Gemma will prototype designs and test them to determine material requirements and design improvements.