Access for All
Edmonton International Airport is continually working to create a barrier-free environment for travellers and visitors with disabilities.
Accessibility at EIA
The services available to passengers include:
- Washrooms are equipped with grab bars and Life Call
- Braille signs for elevators and washrooms
- Value Park shuttle bus equipped with wheelchair lift
- Airport staff are trained in assisting persons in need
- Over-sized revolving doors
- TTY and volume control pay telephones and hotel/motel booking telephones
- Accessible check-in and information counters
- Eye-level flight information screens
- Video paging on flight information screens
For service animals, three dog runs are available on the
- Outside door 1 to the North (by the guard house)
- Outside door 10 to the South
Transportation for passengers with special needs can be prearranged with
For passengers with disabilities arriving by car, Edmonton International Airport provides special parking and pick-up/drop-off for people with disabilities. For short visits, curbside disability parking can be accessed by driving into the taxi queue and notifying the attendant of your request.
For more information, please contact the
at 780 890 8553, ext. 1.
has disability parking stalls, spacious elevators and ramps to the Departures Level.
On arrival, the
attendant can direct you to disability parking stalls. A complimentary shuttle bus to and from the terminal is equipped with a wheelchair lift.
Awards and certificates
Edmonton Airports has received a Certificate of Recognition from the Hard of Hearing Community, the White Cane Award, and the City of Edmonton Mayor's Award for Accessible Service and Senior Recognition for its work. In October 2004, Edmonton Airports received the inaugural Percy Wickman Accessibility Award in recognition of its commitment to making Edmonton International Airport one of the most accessible airports in Canada.
For More Information: