20" long x 12" wide x 20" high (50x30x50H cm)
17 lbs (8 kg)
2-4 gallons per week (8-15 L), depending on the model. Ideal for up to 5 people. Add food items any time, any day.
External: use in any location 0-120F (-18C to -50C)
Internal: up to 140F (60C) reactor temperatures
70% or more, volume and weight reduction, due to bio-degrading (composting) and mechanical breakdown
External housing: recyclable, durable, recyclable energy-efficient TEMPERENE ™ material
Food-grade stainless steel internal components
Used properly, will last many, many years.
5 kwh / month - as much as a typical night light. This costs about $0.50 per month, depending on local rates. Uses far less energy than hauling the same amount of waste in a diesel garbage truck.
All NatureMill composters meet or surpass stringent efficiency requirements of California Energy Efficiency Level IV.
Works with North American (110V/120V) or European (220V/240V) power supply. UL and CE compliant.
All NatureMill ECO Series composters are as quiet or quieter than other kitchen appliances such as refrigerators, dishwashers, or microwave ovens. Most people do not notice the sound above general background noise. After several weeks of normal use the machine breaks in and becomes even quieter. For more sound reduction, keep your NatureMill in a kitchen cabinet, closet, or outdoors. Decibels are a scientific measure of sound. Sound can be highly subjective and varies with the level of compost, background noise, distance, surrounding wall materials, and even temperature. Our standard decibel measurement procedure is a follows:
- The composter is located indoors at room temperature of 68F (20C)
- The composter has been in use for at least 1 week and is warm inside
- Both chambers are half full with compost
- Background (ambient) noise is below 35 decibels
- A high quality decibel meter has been calibration adjusted
- Decibel meter is 6 feet (3m) from the front of the machine, at a height of 3 feet (1.5m)
- Walls of the room are wood, drywall, or plaster (not steel, glass, marble, or tile)
- Center the meter directly in front of the machine
- Take a one minute average (sound level fluctuates over time)