The coordination of a company's resources to effectively manage its wastes is a paramount issue.
- Waste management audits including the WCAR protocol.
- Waste management plans and guidelines.
- Regulatory waste guideline development and implementation.
- Employee waste management training.
- Waste inventory and manifest database and tracking.
- Liability insurance landfill inspections.
- BCUOMA compliance inspections.
WEI has worked closely with regulatory bodies in the development of industry guidelines, in particular, AEUB Directive 030 and Directive 058. WEI's prime in-house developed tools are the Waste Management Chart™ and the WasteTracker™ software application.
WEI was the primary author of the Canadian Association of Petroleum Producers (CAPP) "Waste Management Guidelines for the Upstream Petroleum Industry". This publication was the foundation for the initial development of the upstream petroleum industry waste management practices in Canada. It also led WEI to the preparation of numerous waste management guidelines and training programs for WEI's clients.
WEI prepared, in conjunction with AEUB, the initial version of AEUB Directive 058 "Oilfield Waste Management Requirements for the Upstream Petroleum Industry" and AEUB Directive 050 "Drilling Waste Management".