Give each student their own computer station with the features and computing experience of a full PC for a fraction of the cost!
Userful MultiSeat Linux 2011™ is software that turns 1 Linux computer into 10 high performance independent computer stations. It enables schools to quickly deploy large numbers of computer stations for a very low cost, whether in the classroom, computer lab, or school library. It is easy to set up, use and maintain, and provides teachers with the tools they need to give their students a high quality computer-based education.
Get started with a free trial
Userful offers a free 10 station, 90 day pilot for any department of education worldwide so that educators can easily experience first hand the high performance, and ease of use of the solution.
How to turn 1 school computer into 10:
1) Use just 1 computer and up to 10 monitors, keyboards and mice to set up your computer stations
2) Plug up to 10 USB MultiSeat devices into the host computer
3) Connect a monitor, keyboard, and mouse to each USB MultiSeat device
4) Install Userful MultiSeat software
5) Now multiple students can use different applications at the same time from one computer, each with their own monitor, keyboard, and mouse
Install twice as many computers for the same cost
- Save up to 80% on hardware costs
- No Windows license fees
- Recover the cost of your computers through electricity cost savings
- Reduce required infrastructure (power plugs, cabling, etc.) by a factor of 10
Hundreds of free applications included
- Edubuntu operating system designed for schools
- iTALC classroom computer management tool
- OpenOffice.org office suite
- Firefox web browser
- Applications for subjects including Astronomy, Chemistry, Languages, Mathematics, Planning, and more.
Teachers can centrally manage and monitor the computer stations with ease
- See what each student is doing on their station
- Send students messages
- Remotely take control of a student's station
- Share files with and between students
- Create or delete student accounts, and change passwords
- Add a new application to all computer stations by installing it only once on the host computer
- And much more!
Easy-to-use technology designed specifically for schools
Userful MultiSeat Linux 2011™’s feature set is based on the feedback of 50,000 schools in over 100 countries, and over a decade of product refinement. With plug-and-play set up, and an automated configuration wizard designed specifically for nontechnical professionals, teachers and students can start using the computers quickly and easily.
All you need is a Userful MultiSeat license for each user station. There are no other license fees.
Support is available through Userful’s authorized partners or directly from Userful.