Career Services | Student and Enrolment Services
University Core Dna Services
is a vital link between education and employment, helping undergraduate and graduate students, as well as alumni, explore the question: "What can I do with my degree?"
We are the No. 1 on-campus resource for delivering innovative and dynamic job search services to U of C students. As the central career service office for all faculties (except the Haskayne School of Business, which has its own career centre), we coordinate all on-campus recruiting activities including company information sessions, job postings, interview scheduling, career fairs and job offers to Co-op/internship students. We make it easy for you to navigate your job search and make decisions about job offers. We also help continuing students find part-time jobs, summer work and Co-op placements.
Our services to students include:
- Job Link online job board: your top resource for finding jobs: part-time, full-time, summer or Co-op/Internship positions. Located at https://www.jobs.ucalgary.ca
- On-campus career fairs: one-stop events let students meet recruiters, explore career possibilities and search for jobs. Fairs are held throughout the year:
- Science and Engineering - September
- Education Career Fair and Grad Studies Expo - October
- Health and Social Services - January
- Career and Job Expo - February
- Web workshops and information: 24/7/365 access to relevant industry and career information, as well as workshops to hone your job-search skills
- One-on-one consultations with Career Advisors: coaching and guidance on job and career search skills, as well as weekly drop-in resume review sessions called "Resume Rescue"
- Industry and alumni panels: exploring careers and providing networking opportunities with prospective employers