Fitness Centre Overview New Mind Body Studio Now open - see below for details
Taking fitness to another level..
Trico Centre has recruited the best instructors and developed a comprehensive range of programs and services to make us the top health and fitness destination in south Calgary. Everyone will f eel comfortable in our facility with our helpful,service oriented team. Shop and compare and you'll see that our membership, personal training and specialty fitness programs offer incredibly competitive rates and innovative, cutting-edge options.
Our fully renovated and air conditioned facility includes:
- 13,500 sq. ft. fitness centre with "state of the art" fitness equipment including free weights, cardio and strength training machines, and separate change room facilities
- three-lane running track with rubberized surface
- two fully equipped fitness studios that host a full spectrum of health and fitness classes
- full-size gymnasium for drop in sports, rentals, training and classes
- two NHL-sized arenas for hockey, figure skating, and leisure skating at all levels
- full aquatics facility including a wave pool and waterslide, hot tub, steam, and fully equipped change rooms
- several multi-purpose rooms to host classes, activities, or meetings Programs
Customized curriculum combined with a large variety of programs ensure there is something for beginners to advanced fitness levels, and exciting options for children and youth, adults of all ages, families, and seniors.
- over 50 weekly drop-in fitness classes (Free for members)
- registered "specialty fitness" classes (50% off for members)
- personal training and small group training (25-30% off for members)
- fitness program design
- team training and athlete training
- nutrition and fitness assessmentsMind Body Studio
Trico Centre has opened a new Mind Body Studio. This studio will be a perfect tranquil environment for Yoga, Pilates, and Synergy classes.
Fitness News and Tips
Health & Wellness
Healthy Eating Tips
Muscle and Move
How It Works
Fitness Centre Policies
A Fitness Centre monitor will be pleased to provide you with an introductory orientation to our facility (please pre-register at Guest Services). Orientations will include some cardio machine instruction to help get you started. Fitness Monitors are always on-site to answer your questions. Ask for a drop-in fitness class schedule - access to these classes are included in your membership so join the fun.
Participants are required to wear suitable gym attire (runners, shorts or sweats and shirt) and to abide by our rules and regulations posted at the entrance of the Fitness Centre. Shoes must be worn at all times (no sandals). Please help us to keep our facility clean (do not wear muddy shoes inside). Gym bags are not permitted on the gym floor. Lockers and storage areas are available.
Trico Centre welcomes teens 12 - 14 years of age into our Fitness Centre once they have completed our free fitness centre orientation. Please pre-register at Guest Services. Only Trico Centre personal trainers are permitted to train others in our facility. Trico Centre's professional and qualified trainers will keep you focused in a "results oriented" program. Regardless of age, gender or ability our personal trainers will meet your individual needs. Ask about our variety of training options.
When using the equipment please:
- wipe off equipment after use with spray bottles and towels provided
- put weights back
- no dropping weights
- do not move mirrors
- sign your name to use all cardio equipment (max 30 minute limit)
Abide by track directions (found near the fitness monitor's desk).
Secure valuables in coin-operated lockers located inside the changeroom - or for added security, outside the changeroom. Lockers are for day use only.
Trico Centre is not responsible for any lost or stolen items or personal injury, loss and/or damage to personal property that may result from your participation.
No electronic photographic equipment is permitted in the changerooms.
The health and safety of all patrons must be assured at all times. Any conduct that is deemed offensive or dangerous to others will not be tolerated.
If the fire alarm sounds, please be prepared to evacuate. Listen to instructions from Trico Centre staff.
Let us assist you! If you have any questions please see the Fitness Monitor.