In launching an international indirect sales channel it is important for
companies to know where they want to go, how they are going to get there,
and what they are going to do once they are there.
Professional resellers want to deal with vendors that know what they are
doing. After all, they are investing their time, money, people resources
and local reputation in launching a vendor’s product in their country.
They can not afford to risk doing business with a vendor that does not
have a credible sales channel program.
The York Group works with its clients to put in place the processes and
documentation that will:
- Determine market priorities and revenue objectives
- Establish pricing and payment policies
- Identify the key components of a marketing support package
- Address all major reseller contract issues
- Provide the typical elements of a reseller manual
- Explain if, when and how to organize reseller conferences
- Assess the need for product localization
- Review technical support requirements
- Discuss various aspects of IP protection
- Develop guidelines for technical and sales training programs
- Define the job description for a channel manager
- Define the profile of ideal partners
- Provide a fully-documented, step-by-step recruitment process
- Establish a comprehensive annual partner review program
- Reduce the likelihood of channel conflict
- Provide sample documents, templates and reporting formats.