Employment Training helps our clients get a head start
Employment Training offered at the DI isdesigned to provide low-income and homeless Calgarians with the essential skills needed for employment in today’s competitive workforce.
There are 3 Employment Training initiatives offered:
- Free 3-Week Employment Training
- Free Evening Online Certifications
- Free Certification Only Forklift and First Aid
All students will also have access to the DI Employment Office for temporary work opportunities.
Free 3-Week Employment Training
- Forklift Operator’s License (AR Williams)
- H2S Alive (Enform)
- Construction Safety Training System (ACSA)
- Confined Space Awareness (Norcat)
- Fall Protection Awareness (Norcat)
- Flag Person Training (ACSA)
- Standard First Aid and CPR-C (Red Cross)
- Excellence in Customer Service (Norcat)
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods (Norcat)
- And many more!
- Career Planning
- Resume Building
- Interview Preparation
- Continuing Education Seminar
Life Skills Workshop Topics
- Self Esteem
- Stress Management
- Effective Communication
- Constructive Thinking
- Money Management
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
Free Evening Online Certifications
For those who cannot commit to the full time 3-week program, The DI offers evening certifications on a first-come-first-serve basis. These are offered every Tuesday and Wednesday from 4:30pm-8:30pm. For any questions, feel free to call 403-699-8282.
Free Certification Only Forklift and First Aid
Partners and Sponsors
A very special thank you to the Partners and Sponsors of the DI Employment Training programs!