Benefits of SubSTATION Server
SubSTATION Server is a multi-function software application that performs data concentration, protocol translation, automation logic, event file collection and enterprise connectivity.
SubSTATION Server is a powerful multi-function substation integration solution that replaces outdated RTU data concentrators, relay communication processors and other legacy integration devices.
Save utilities time and money by eliminating the need to purchase, configure and maintain multiple different legacy integration devices.
Avoid limitations of IED vendor-specific integration devices with SubSTATION Server's true multi-vendor integration capabilities that support rich integration for virtually all major IED vendors.
Enables utilities to get more out of existing IED investments by helping them avoid unnecessary IED upgrades and replacements just to add new IED communication or security functionality.
Save time driving to substations to communicate with IEDs - use SubSTATION Server's secure remote access functionality (NERC CIP compliant).
Mitigate the effect of substation outages with automated collection of Relay Event Records with timely and informed restoration actions.
Use SubSTATION Server's advanced redundancy capabilities and implement a reliable and seamless upgradeable automation solution.
Avoid technological obsolescence issues of traditional substation integration solutions with SubSTATION Server which leverages, and evolves with, mainstream networking and computing technologies including Microsoft and Intel, versus proprietary embedded IED vendor computing technologies.
Scalable software enables solution support ranging from the smallest distribution sites to your largest transmission substations.
Event File Collection
- Automated fault record collection of oscillography and event files with support for native SEL and GE fault records
- Supports full SEL-20XX dial-up emulation with added integrated user authentication to facilitate secure replacement solution for SEL Relay communication processor dial-up access
- Supports secure automated file transfer of fault records to centralized archive (such as PowerSYSTEM Center My Faults solution)
- Encrypted automated file transfer securely transports substation data files for use by third party computer applications
Configuration Tool Features
- Intuitive, Windows-based graphical configuration tool supports online and offline device configuration
- Supports easy-to-use visual drag-and-drop configuration interface
- Use Microsoft Excel to easily manage large point configurations
- Customizable user interface letting user define very basic or extremely detailed information views
- Supports both analog and digital alarms
- Configure multiple alarm styles
- Provides alarm summary and logging functions