Preventive Care | Acora Dental Calgary
Serenity Dental Studio
Dentists, teeth, oral health
Your dream smile is closer than you think!
Regular dental visits & Regular dental checkups
- Visiting the dentist for regular checkups is necessary in achieving good oral health. It is recommended to schedule regular dental check-ups every six months to decrease the risk of oral diseases. However, other patients may need more frequent visits. People with a high risk of dental disease might need to visit their dentist more than twice a year. Nutritional deficiencies, alcohol and tobacco use, pregnancy, post-menopausal age, diabetes, periodontal and gum disease, poor oral hygiene or certain medical conditions are some of the many factors that the dentist takes into consideration when deciding how often you need your dental cleaning and check up.
- A comprehenisive exam will help the doctor to determine your individual caries risk assessment profile. During this exam the doctor will evaluate each patient's disease indicators, risk factors, and protective factors to determine their level of caries risk.
- After a thorough examination of your salivary flow rate, fluoride exposure, existing carious lesions, gum health and teeth structure, the doctor can customize a prevention program based on your individual caries risk assessment profile.
- Also, during a checkup exam, our dentists can see if you have new decay on your teeth or under the gum line, root cavities or cavities under your fillings, impacted wisdom teeth, tooth fracture or periodontal pockets caused by gum disease.
- Emphasizing prevention will allow you to keep your teeth and gums healthy. An appointment with our hygienist will allow us to evaluate and maintain the health of your gums and teeth.
- We offer gentle cleaning services to assure good oral health. Our hygienists and doctors determine the interval between these visits. Your recall frequency is usually tailored to your specific periodontal and hygiene needs, and we recommend to have your mouth examined and to have a cleaning professionally conducted as suggested. This procedure can prevent serious health problems and detect any anomalies in your mouth. In addition, the cleaning and polishing will remove tea, coffee and tobacco stains to leave you with a whiter and brighter smile!
- Kids dental care is very important for us and we believe your child’s visit should be enjoyable and fun while at the same time educating on dental hygiene. We focus on preventative dentistry, helping your child avoid future tooth and gum problems and motivating them to take better care of their teeth. Polishing, fluoride treatments, or sealants to protect your child from tooth decay, are all part of your child’s prevention program. Early dental visits are very important for a lifetime of good oral health. When the first tooth appears it is time for the dentist to start examining the development of your child’s teeth, mouth and gums. Healthy primary teeth are important for retaining adequate space and forming a path for the permanent teeth to follow and grow properly and beautifully. Also an earlier visit to the doctor can detect in time dental growth problems like crooked teeth or a bad bite.
- Our goal si to help every patient to achieve excellent oral health. This is why we team up with you to increase your dental education level, so you and your family can take an active role in prevention of dental diseases. We develop a lifetime of detailed dental health instructions and counseling.
Technology for Dental Disease Prevention
- Digital pictures and x-rays of your mouth help you see the condition of your teeth. Preventive digital X-raying can allow a dentist to spot hidden defect and problems before they grow any worse.
- Digital Intraoral Camera offers similar benefits as digital x-rays. An intraoral camera allows us to view clear, precise images of your mouth, teeth, and gums, in order for us to accurately make a diagnosis.
- Diagnodent help detect dental caries at the earliest stage before they progress further. The Diagnodent is a fluorescent laser that finds cavities beneath the tooth's durface that are typically not visible with X-Rays.
Please keep in mind that regular cleaning, checkups and x-rays allow your dentist to find early signs of disease and take action to stop dental problems before they develop !
, oral health
, Periodontal Pockets
Contact Serenity Dental Studio
Email - none provided
Print this page