The goal of Secura Care Homes is to create a home-like environment in a vibrant and energetic community where residents receive professional 24-hour care services, appropriate to their individual needs, capabilities, and preferences. Residents are typically those who can no longer manage independently at home, even with family support and/or community services such as Home Care.
Secura Care Homes provides high-quality support that:
- Promotes independence
- Supports cultural and spiritual needs
- Provides mental and physical stimulus
- Maintains a friendly, home-like environment
- Values the input, care, and support of family members
Secura Care Homes provides residents with room and board, plus one of three different care packages, depending on the level of care required. Available services include:
- 24-hour care services
- Personal care, such as grooming, washing and bathing
- Safe transfer of clients into chairs, beds, or wheelchairs
- Medication management and pharmacy services
- Basic medical supplies
- Food and nutrition services
- Assistance with eating
- Activities and recreation
- Housekeeping laundry and linen services
- Access to transportation
- Transportation to and assistance at appointments
Secura staff live on site, thus ensuring timely availability when needed. A Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) is available on site. A Manager, with Registered Nurse (RN) designation, is available throughout the day and on call. The staff of Secura Care Homes have met all hiring criteria - police security checks, for example - as set out by provincial standards.
Most important, staff are chosen for their commitment to the values and service performance standards of Secura Care Homes.