This program is responsible for:
- Identifying and treating reversible causes of renal failure.
- Improving the early detection and treatment of patients who have the potential to develop renal disease, by recognizing the major risk factors for chronic kidney disease (CKD) - hypertension, diabetes, and dyslipidemia.
- Delaying the progression of disease in patients who have developed chronic renal insufficiency with kidneys that are functioning at less than 50% of normal.
- Reducing the morbidity and mortality of renal patients through optimal management.
- Providing treatment (Hemodialysis or peritoneal dialysis) for patients with end stage renal disease (ESRD).
- Managing coexisting conditions and complications.
- Optimizing biochemical, physical and psychological health.
Services within this program include:
Check detailed service listings for locations where services are offered.
Further information on Renal Services in Alberta:
Accessing the service - more information:
See individual services for information on access.
Spiritual Care Advisors,