Division of Common Law Property

By: Resolve Legal Group  25-06-2013
Keywords: Property, attorney, separation

Unlike married people, when unmarried people separate property division can be much different than if you were married. It is important to seek legal advise as to what your rights are as an unmarried person separating from a partner in a 'common law' relationship.

Keywords: attorney, Common-Law, Property, separation

Other products and services from Resolve Legal Group


Spousal or Partner Support

There is no automatic entitlement to spousal/partner support when you get a divorce or separate from a Partner. An agreement


Child Support

Child support is not optional. Parents have an obligation to support their children while they are under the age of


Division of Matrimonial Property

There is an assumption in Alberta that matrimonial property will be equally divided between the parties upon separation or divorce.


Custody, Access and Parenting

When there are children of the marriage/relationship there are many decisions to be made as to where the children will


Divorce / Separation

We all go through many transitions in our lives, however, divorce is a transition that none of us expect to