Wellman » Resource Energy Solutions
Drilling, oil and gas, data management
Excel spreadsheets cannot replace a relational database. If you have hundreds of thousands of records, and want to query how many wells were drilled or how many wells had drilling problems reported, Excel will not help you do those sorts of relational queries, no matter how good you are with Visual Basic™. Wellman does help you. It is a feature-rich software environment that captures and tracks in-field data over the entire well life cycle. It is easy to set up and use. It imposes a consistent workflow process over multiple projects that will improve financial control of your operation. It will save you money. But don’t take our word for it..
Drilling and Completions Manager
Tundra Oil and Gas
“..We have very active field development going on 6 drilling and 8 or 9 service rigs in South West Manitoba all of which have to fill out a report every day. And they submit all these Wellman field reports which flow into the organization and those reports are distributed electronically throughout our offices and it saves just a ton of time trying to access all this information..What the guys see on their screen is the same form that someone else is going to see – you don’t have to go into a cryptic database and input info in one area and then flip back and forth between multiple screens to see what that’s going to look like in a report. What you see is what you get.”
Wellman is the number one well life-cycle project, cost, and data management application in the industry. This solution provides a key reporting and cost management system that affects all aspects of your project. Data is synchronized between the central office and field users. Customized reports provide details that are not readily available in a conventional spreadsheet.
Wellman's information environment monitors and controls all the in-field work activities during the asset life cycle. From exploration and drilling to completion and land reclamation, Wellman's information system provides daily reporting of in-field costs. Wellman, combined with Resource Energy Solutions' AFE product, represents a comprehensive cost tracking and management system that offers daily monitoring and control of in-field costs, operations and capital expenditures, and budgets.
Operations, System Integration, and Savings
- Save costs by having a comprehensive cost tracking system that reports all levels of cost details, vendors, and work history.
- Easily manage 'Non-Op' information by having all records in one place.
- Have consistent reports from the field, replacing diverse and uncoordinated population of data in Excel spreadsheets.
- Standardize the work-flow process.
- Minimize errors by reducing manual processes.
All field and office users are comfortable and familiar with Wellman because of its what-you-see-is-what-you-get (WYSIWYG) design environment.
Wellman has all exploration and operation cost information in one place, enabling all employees to search quickly and have easy access to the information system, which is updated daily.
- Improve project and cost tracking, and tight financial control through a daily reporting system
- Improve decision making by providing the data to those who can take management action
Productivity and Accountability
- Increase profit, growth, and efficiency, and same time by eliminating errors because of limited data entry points
- Improve corporate accountability, minimize the risk of fiscal and director liability, and increase the management board’s confidence in corporate and fiscal operations
Resource Energy Solutions was voted number 1 in a study done by the Ziff Energy Group. According to the Ziff study, which compared RES to competitors, Wellman provided the cleanest data, best drilling and completions records, best operational processes, and most efficient time use and reliable costs.
Cost Tracking and Control
- Manage, monitor, and control in-field costs during the entire asset life cycle from geology, surveying, construction, drilling, completion, facility/pipeline, workovers, and abandonment to site reclamation.
- Automatically import data from the 'Drilling Tour' sheet.
- Use material transfers to improve tracking and accounting of materials.
- Streamline internal processes.
- Daily summary reports let the user know how much is spent each day.
- Powerful data-driven schematics help to visualize all completion information.
- With the optional integration of the AFE software system with Wellman, add the ability to compare budget to field estimate to actual costs.
- All related documents are archived in one place.
Integration and Support
- Easy user adoption and training – most field users find themselves using the product after only an hour's training.
- 24/7 support includes server monitoring, call tracking, and logging using RES’ ‘Software as a Service’ gateway.
, data management
, oil and gas
, Workflow Process