Moneta’s producer services business focuses on large, medium and small credit-worthy producing companies that either wish to sell their gas at a trading hub or prefer a daily gas management service. Our all encompassing management service provides a nomination and gas balancing framework that removes the producer from any daily interaction with the pipeline.
For those producers who would prefer to use our comprehensive service, Moneta would begin a relationship by arranging to purchase the producer’s proprietary natural gas production at the plant gate utilizing industry standard Gas EDI agreements. Moneta would then take control of all the various activities required to have the production delivered into the appropriate pipeline account. These services would include but are not limited to the following:
- Preparing take-in-kind request.
- Arranging for transportation service at existing meter stations.
- Administering pipeline contracts and renewals.
- Optimizating the firms transportation capacity.
- Providing gas control and pipeline balancing.
- Providing backup for marketing accounting and revenue statements.
- Administering the regulatory reporting requirements.
Moneta can also assist the producer in the development of a price risk management strategy to achieve the producer’s objectives. Moneta can assist the producer with the design, timing and execution of price risk management transactions and offsetting physical transactions to optimize the price. Once the hedging transactions are in place, Moneta is able to verify monthly settlements, provide mark-to-market value information and assist with hedge accounting documentation requirements.