The very first HILTAP connector was used as a liquid nitrogen transfer coupling replacing a flange, in a 'freeze plug' procedure in a nuclear plant's reactor heat exchange piping.
HILTAP's features offered then and continue to offer;
- low torque / hand tighten-able connect-ability
- metal to metal sealing
- repeatedly reusable seals
- dead tight sealing
- safely locks under residual pressure
HILTAPâ™s cryogenic ultra tight connection experience includes;
- liquid / gaseous nitrogen
- liquid / gaseous hydrogen
- liquid / gaseous oxygen
- liquid / gaseous carbon dioxide
Applications include ; Â space simulation chambers, piping connections, hose connections liquid & gas transfer, quick access closures, etc.
HILTAP's latest couplings are used in cryogenic temperature control transportation applications, new features include:
- positively locks the hose half on the truck/rail side half with no emissions shouldÂ any upstream valves fail open.