/ Archive by category 'For Nannies & Caregiver'
Foreign live-in Caregivers must meet certain Citizenship and Immigration Canada criteria before being admitted to Canada. These criteria reflect the education, language and skill level necessary for the foreign worker’s successful integration into the Canadian labour market:
- Successful completion of the equivalent of a Canadian high school education.
- Six months of full-time training or 12 months of experience in a field or occupation related to the job you are offering. For example, the training or experience may be in early childhood education, geriatric care, paediatric nursing or first aid.
- Ability to speak, read and understand either English or French. The Caregiver must be able to function independently in a home setting.
Apply via Fax or Postal Mail:
If you wish to fax or mail us your Caregiver Application form, simply download the application form by following these instructions:
Service Canada Requirements
Once a foreign Caregiver has been identified, the Employer must apply to Service Canada so that the offer of employment can be assessed.
Contacting Service Canada
Once you have selected your Caregiver, you must file an Application For a Foreign Live-in Caregiver with Service Canada, so that the offer of employment can be assessed.
There is no fee to apply to Service Canada to assess an application for a foreign live-in Caregiver.
If your application is approved, you will be issued a confirmation letter by Service Canada. In an event that you are not approved, you will be notified in writing and provided with an explanation.
Find out More Information
- Find an Service Canada office near you.
- Print an Application For a Foreign Live-in Caregiver.
- Read more about the Live-in Caregiver Program at the Service Canada website.
Thank you for your interest in Fil-Nannies. Our agency works very hard at finding suitable families for you, and we have many happy families and nannies to prove it.
If you are interested in registering with us, download and fill out the printable Application Form, and forward it to us, along with all of the required documentation, listed in the Application Form.