Calmena is much more than a contract drilling company
Our engineering and planning services can develop well construction solutions tailored to your needs. This is a big – and valuable - differentiator between Calmena and typical contract drilling companies .
Engineers that know your business
The majority of our drilling and completion engineers have worked for major oil and gas operators. We understand your business and your needs.
Well construction solutions
Our well construction engineers can provide assistance with any or all of the following:
- Project objective setting
- Hazard identification
- Project cost estimating
- Drilling, completions and stimulations design - incorporating appropriate technology and operational techniques
- Complete project management including tracking of key performance indicators
Managing risk and capital – our engineers have the experience
At Calmena our engineers effectively manage the risk and capital associated with well construction projects. To achieve this we will:
- Ensure well construction project objectives are accurate and clearly defined
- Compile a historical analysis identifying potential hazards and mitigation plans
- Develop a well design and project plan that delivers the project objectives in a safe and cost effective manner by incorporating appropriate technology and effective risk management methodology
Fixed price well construction – now applicable to our industry
On projects where we are able to quantify operational risk, Calmena is pleased to offer a fixed price contract model. While fixed price contracts are commonplace in most other construction industries, Calmena’s offering is unique in the well construction industry. Under our fixed price well construction model Calmena will manage capital and operational risk on your behalf. This arrangement creates a natural incentive for us to perform, resulting in a true win-win outcome. We are proud of this contract model as we believe there’s no better way to demonstrate our confidence in the expertise of our teams.