What is Travel Insurance?
Travel insurance is insurance intended to cover medical expenses and losses incurred while traveling, either within one's own country, or internationally. Travel insurance often offers coverage for a variety of travelers such as: student travel, business travel, leisure travel, adventure travel, cruise travel, and international travel.
What is Temporary Travel Insurance?
Temporary travel insurance is arranged to cover exactly the duration of a particular trip.
The most common risks that are covered by travel insurance are:
What are some of the highlights that Travel Insurance Covers?
*Please note that coverage will vary depending on insurance plan
- Medical expenses
- Emergency evacuation/repatriation
- Overseas funeral expenses
- Accidental death, injury or disablement benefit
- Delayed departure
- Loss, theft or damage to personal possessions and money (including travel documents)
- Delayed baggage (and emergency replacement of essential items)
- Legal assistance
- Personal liability and rental car damage excess