Hemp Clothing Washing Instructions
Wash hemp like any other clothes!
| || |
- Separate dark from light clothes.
- Greasy clothes -> wash as warm as possible .
- Protein stains -> wash in cool water, for example: blood, milk, chocolate, poop etc.
- Use bleach only with whites and only if you have no magnesium in your water.
- Use vinegar instead of bleach if there is lots of magnesium in your water.
- Add baking soda to your wash to keep your clothes and oven mitts etc. fireretardant.
- Fabric softener makes clothes more flammable.
- Elastics and any form of rubber or lycra wears out very fast in a dryer.
- Never let wet clothes sit.
- Save energy by line drying.
Oh, and if you like to home-dye, always do it in a pot on your stove. The colors will be more brilliant and you need less dye.